Sunday, May 13th. Does this date ring a bell? In case it doesn’t, this is your friendly reminder that it is Mother’s Day! Don’t worry if you haven’t gotten mom a gift yet because we have some easy, fool proof last minute ideas that won’t break the bank, either.
Whether the day happened to slip your mind or you’ve just been too busy to get to the store here are the top 5 ideas you can’t go wrong with:
- A picture is worth a thousand words. Whether it is a picture of just you and your mom or you and your siblings, moms always appreciate a good picture in a beautiful picture frame. You may not be able to get away with gluing popsicle sticks together, throwing some glitter on it and calling it a frame, but there are great frames for inexpensive at stores such as T.J. Maxx or Marshalls. Craft stores always have coupons available so put them to good use for mom!
- Pampered Touch. Treat your mother to some good old fashion pampering. Maybe even make it a girls day out! A manicure and/or pedicure gift card is always appreciated by a hard working mom, especially with the warm weather quickly approaching. To make it a more personal touch, gather some of your mom’s favorite beauty products and put them together in a cute basket.
- Beach reads. Let’s face it, no matter what your mom does for a living, she needs a break just like the rest of us. Remind her that relaxation is right around the corner by prepping her beach bag with juicy book. If she is a fan of the Real Housewives, or Bravo in general, Bethenny Frankel and Andy Cohen both just released dishy reads for the summer. If your mom likes to find the best deals around or has an eye for fixing up vintage pieces, I suggest “I Brake For Yard Sales” by Lara Spencer. Go the extra mile and actually make up a small beach bag with a new towel, sunglasses and of course a bottle of SPF!
- Chocolate. Any girl knows that diamonds are a girls best friend, but chocolate is a close second. Chances are your mom doesn’t treat herself as much as she should, so treat her sweet tooth Sunday. If mom is worried about calories (which, in my opinion, calories don’t count on your own holiday!), opt for dark chocolate. Or, chocolate covered strawberries can always be justified since it is fruit. I suggest ordering from Shari’s Berries – delicious and they offer Mother’s Day promotions!
- From the heart. You can never go wrong with a bouquet of flowers – pick her favorite! – and a heartfelt card. This gift doesn’t matter if you pick them up before you see mom on Sunday or you have them shipped from across the country. Like the saying goes, it’s the thought that counts.
What did you get your mom for mother’s day?